Using the Sui Wallet Browser Extension
Welcome to the Sui Wallet Browser Chrome Extension. The Sui Wallet Browser Extension acts as your portal to the Web3 world. Follow this guide to install and use the extension.
Initially, the Sui Wallet Browser Extension is aimed at Sui developers for testing purposes. As such, the tokens are of no value (just like the rest of DevNet) and will disappear each time we reset the network. In time, the Sui Wallet Browser Extension will be production ready for real tokens.
This browser extension is a pared-down version of the Sui CLI client that provides greater ease of use for the most commonly used features. If you need more advanced features, such as merging/splitting coins and making arbitrary Move calls, instead use the Sui CLI client.
The Sui Wallet Browser Extension offers these features:
- Create, import, and persistently store the backup recovery passphrases (mnemonics) and the derived private key
- Create NFTs
- Transfer coins
- See owned fungible tokens and NFTs
- Display recent transactions
- Auto split/merge coins if the address does not have a Coin object with the exact transfer amount
- Go directly to the successful/failed transaction in the Sui Explorer
- A demonstration NFT dApp available in the Cloud
The following animated GIFs walk you through some of the most common workflows in the Sui Wallet Browser Extension.
Set up Wallet
Install and configure the Sui Wallet Browser Extension (covered in detail starting with Install):
Set up the Sui Wallet Browser Extension
Create an NFT in Sui Wallet by connecting to an external site
Transfer your NFT to another address using the Sui Wallet Browser Extension:
Transfer your NFT to another address
Transfer your token to another address on the Sui network using the Sui Wallet Browser Extension:
Transfer tokens to another address
View transaction history
View your recent transactions and visit Sui Explorer, where you can see more details about the corresponding transaction:
Under the Settings tab, view your account on Sui Explorer
To install the Sui Wallet Browser Extension:
- Visit its link in the Chrome Webstore.
- Click Install.
- Optionally, pin the extension to add it to your toolbar for easy access.
To begin using the Sui Wallet Browser Extension:
- Open the extension and click Get Started: Start up Sui Wallet Browser Extension
- Click Create new wallet: Create new wallet with Sui Wallet Browser Extension
- Accept the terms of service and click Create: Accept the terms of service for Sui Wallet Browser Extension
- View and capture the distinct mnemonic for the new wallet.
- Click Done.
In the Wallet home page, you will see the message No Tokens Found: Time to populate your wallet
To finish setting up the Sui Wallet Browser Extension for testing:
- From the Active Account in your wallet, copy your address: Copy your address from the Sui Wallet Browser Extension
- Join Discord If you haven’t already.
- Request tokens in the #devnet-faucet channel per the SUI tokens install documentation.
- Optionally, confirm the transaction in Sui Explorer: See transfer in Sui Explorer
The Sui Wallet Browser Extension lets you:
- See your account balance by clicking the Tokens ($) icon: See your account balance in the Sui Wallet Browser Extension
- Send coins by clicking Send in the Tokens tab: Send tokens with the Sui Wallet Browser Extension
- Transfer NFTs by clicking Send on the NFT tab: Send NFTs with the Sui Wallet Browser Extension
- View recent transactions by clicking the Arrow icon at the top: View recent transactions in the Sui Wallet Browser Extension
- Sign transactions through a framework connecting Sui wallet to other DApps: Sign transactions in the Sui Wallet Browser Extension
- From the Settings (gear) menu, you may:
- View your account on the Sui Explorer
- Mint Demo NFTs
- See the Sui terms of service
- Log out of the Wallet
- Go to the Sui Explorer view of the current transaction by clicking the external link icon at the bottom right.
If you want to experiment with and contribute to the Sui Wallet Browser Extension, you can find its source and README at: https://github.com/MystenLabs/sui/tree/main/wallet