Sui: pronounced "sweet" without the "T" - with Transactions (loads of them), things are SWEET indeed. :-)
Welcome to the documentation for the Sui platform. Since Sui is built upon the core Move programming language, you should familiarize yourself with it and use this content to apply the differences. For a summary of these differences, see Sui compared to other blockchains.
Important: This site is built from the upstream
mainbranch and therefore will contain updates not yet found in
See what's new
Find the latest updates to these contents in this section:
- The former
walletbinary has been replaced with the Sui CLI client and combined with related functions.
- JSON-RPC PubSub is supported by Sui fullnode to publish / subscribe using notifications via websocket.
- Docker Compose enables simple creation of Sui Fullnodes using Docker .
- Run a fullnode in Sui to have your own local copy of full blockchain state, contribute to Sui, and qualify to be a potential validator.
- Programming with objects tutorial series offers detailed guidance on manipulating Sui objects, from creation and storage through wrapping and using child objects.
- Sui version 0.3.0 released to DevNet. See RELEASES for details on other releases.
- Sui tokenomics are now fully explained.
For a complete view of all changes in the Sui
devnet branch, see:
For upstream updates in the
main branch, see:
See the Sui
doc/src history for a complete changelog of updates to this site.
Move quick start
Go to the Move Quick Start for installation, defining custom objects, object operations (create/destroy/update/transfer/freeze), publishing, and invoking your published code.
Sui CLI client quick start
See the Sui CLI client Quick Start for installation, querying the chain, client setup, sending transfer transactions, and viewing the effects.
Proceed to the Sui Tutorial for a summary view of setting up your environment, starting a Sui network, gathering accounts and gas, and publishing and playing a game in Sui.
Programming with Objects series
Finish with the detailed Programming with objects tutorial series offering detailed guidance on manipulating Sui objects, from creation and storage through wrapping and using child objects.
Navigate this site
Navigate and search this site however you see fit. Here is the order we recommend if you are new to Sui:
- Learn about Sui, how Sui Move differs from Core Move, and how Sui works starting in this very section.
- Build smart contracts, the Sui client, a Sui fullnode, and more.
- Explore prototypes and examples.
- Contribute to Sui by joining the community, making enhancements, and learning about Mysten Labs.
- Employ the Sui API Reference reference files for the Sui JSON-RPC API.
- View the Mysten Labs YouTube channel for introductory videos on technology and partners.