Programming Objects Tutorial Series
Sui is a blockchain centered on objects. Once you start programming non-trivial smart contracts on Sui, you will begin dealing with Sui objects in the code. Sui includes a rich, comprehensive library and testing framework to allow you to interact with objects in a safe yet flexible way.
In this tutorial series, we will walk through all the powerful ways to interact with objects in Sui Move. At the end, we will also explore the designs of a few (close-to-)real-world examples to demonstrate the tradeoffs of using different object types and ownership relationships.
You can find more Sui code tutorial examples in the explore section.
Chapter 1: Object Basics
- Defining Move object types, creating objects, transferring objects.
Chapter 2: Using Objects
- Passing Move objects as arguments, mutating objects, deleting objects.
Chapter 3: Immutable Objects
- Freezing an object, using immutable objects.
Chapter 4: Object Wrapping
- Wrapping objects in another object.
Chapter 5: Dynamic Fields
- Extending objects with fields that reference other objects, and that you can add, access, and remove dynamically.
Chapter 6: Collections
- Working with objects in on-chain homogeneous and heterogeneous key-value stores built on top of dynamic fields.