Programming Objects Tutorial Series
Sui is a blockchain centered on objects. Once you start programming non-trivial smart contracts on Sui, you will start dealing with Sui objects in the code. Sui includes a rich, comprehensive library and testing framework to allow you interact with objects in a safe and yet flexible way.
In this tutorial series, we will walk through all the powerful ways to interact with objects in Sui Move. At the end, we will also explore the designs of a few (close-to-)real-world examples to demonstrate the tradeoffs of using different object types and ownership relationships.
Note, you can find Sui Move programming examples at: https://examples.sui.io/
Chapter 1: Object Basics
- Defining Move object types, creating objects, transferring objects.
Chapter 2: Using Objects
- Passing Move objects as arguments, mutating objects, deleting objects.
Chapter 3: Immutable Objects
- Freezing an object, using immutable objects.
Chapter 4: Object Wrapping
- Wrapping objects in another object.
Chapter 5: Child Objects
- Enabling objects to own other objects, transferring objects to objects, adding child objects, removing child objects.